Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bacon Broccoli Tomato Pasta Salad


I missed a few meals, One I forgot to take a picture, one was hot dogs, and we ate at the In Laws. I think that is it.. In any case our first meal back is Bacon Broccoli Tomato Pasta Salad.


Bacon Broccoli Tomato Pasta Salad


2 cups pasta ( I used whole wheat penne)

6 strips bacon/turkey bacon (we used turkey bacon, and made 9 strips so Hunter and I could nibble :))

2 heads broccoli cut in florets (I used a few hand fulls of frozen)
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (come to find out, it would be better to drain them)

1/2 cup ranch dressing (the addition of the ranch is why I would drain the tomatoes)


Directions:

Cook pasta

Steam broccoli

cook bacon then tear to bits

Rinse pasta with cold water

Mix together Pasta, Broccoli, Tomato, and bacon. Add dressing and toss toss toss.


Rating:

I hated it. I do not like cold broccoli, or really cold pasta for that matter. It would have been ok warm, but probably not with ranch

Phillip thought it was ok

Hunter did not like it.

The only complaint was that it was served cold. I also served a side of steamed asparagus, but I was the only one who ate that.

No comments: