Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School

School starts WAY too early in Oklahoma. I did not like taking my son to school when it was over 100 degrees! In any case, it did start, and I (like any over zealous mom is on her first Born's first day) was there with my camera to document every moment. I know he went to Pre-K last year, but I was at work for it, and it was only two hours a day. There is something about staying home with him now, taking him to school, and picking up, that makes this first day more special to me.




The morning was supposed to start out with a hearty breakfast of Chocolate Chip pancakes. When I got up, however, I found my two boys (the 32 yr old and the 5 yr old) eating bowls of cereal. So, not wanting to give up my fantasy, I made them anyway.






While I was getting ready Phillip served Hunter his pancakes. With Syrup. So, Hunter didn't like them because, well that is just way to much sugar.




I am not quite sure why, but for some reason, whenever you want Hunter to pose for a picture on an important day, he gets quite sullen. We are starting to build a collection of holiday photos with this look on his face. In any case, here is the Teravskis obligatory front door picture.




Here is Hunter getting out of the Truck at school. Was I a little picture happy? Perhaps.


Here he is walking into the school.









I was so excited to find out that Hunter would be in the portables this year. Fourth grade I was in portables and it was my favorite year of grade school.



I tried to get a picture of him putting his stuff into his cubby, but he was way too fast. I took the first shot and next thing I knew he was sitting at his table coloring. I could barely get him to say goodbye to me. All in all I think it was a very successful first day of school.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

I can imagine that the first day of kindergarten was bittersweet. On the bright side, you'll be able to nap with Tobin now that Hunter is back in school.

dideledoo03 said...

Heh heh, yeah I thought that too, however, it turns out he only wants to sleep 30 mins at a time, while I am rocking him. He is a learning experience!