Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Fennel" crusted flank steak


This nights meal was supposed to be a Tuscan white bean salad, but we discovered we were out of white beans, so we fast forwarded a day. So, we made "Fennel" Crusted Flank Steak, Fennel is in quotations because we used basil instead.


Fennel Crusted Flank Steak

Ingredients:
1Tbls crushed Fennel ( I just poured in some Basil flakes)
1 Tsp chopped Thyme
1 Tsp chopped Rosemary (all herbs should be fresh, but we just use the jar kind until I can grow my own)
1 minced garlic glove (I did use fresh)
2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
1 (1 pound) flank steak ( I am clueless when it comes to different types of meat, so I just used the meat we had in the freezer)


Directions

1) Combine herbs and spices

2) Heat large non-stick skillet, meanwhile rub mixture onto both sides of steak.

3) Sear one side til browned, then flip over and cook until done ( I kept flipping the whole time)


We then made homemade french fries (baked) and served with a salad.


Rating:

We all loved it.

No comments: