After dinner I usually get a craving for dessert. In order to not balloon up to 300 pounds, I try to not keep any such items just lying around. So, if I really want dessert I have to make it. So this night I decided to try Snickerdoodles.
This is my Mom's wonderfully explicative directions.
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
Roll in Cinnamon sugar
400 degrees.
Sooo, since I had not much to go on, I had to wing it. These are the things I discovered.
First of all, a recipe that doesn't use shortening is in order. I could taste it as an aftertaste and did not much care for it.
You should blend the shortening/butter with the sugar until smooth first
Then add the eggs one at a time while mixing
Then add the rest of the ingredients
If it is too difficult to roll into balls, refrigerate for awhile.
Roll into small balls (I made mine too big) and roll into cinnamon sugar
I greased a pan, not sure if it was necessary.
Baked for about 15-20 mins, until the edges were golden brown.
They were ok. I would find a different recipe, but it would call for butter, and I think using margarine instead would still have an after taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment