Saturday, August 21, 2010

I like....

Every day I visit this site. http://www.mamabargains.com/. They sell one item a day. ( Another one deal a day site is http://www.babysteals.com/ ) Most of the stuff there is not something I find necessary, so I don't buy much. Every once in awhile they have something I just have to have. The first item I bought from them was a time out pad. It is awesome. You can set it for 1,3,or 5 mins. It is pressure sensitive, so if your child gets off, the timer stops and an alarm sounds. Once they get back on, it starts from the time they had left on.
That is not the item I am talking about though. My recent purchase was an "I like..." book. (Please excuse the pics, Phillip had to take them for me, and he doesn't have quite the same "vision" as I do.)


Every night we write something we like about Hunter. Something about him, something he did that day, something silly, etc. Then right after we tuck Hunter in, we read it to him. So he falls asleep thinking about the things Mommy and Daddy like about him. (In theory. In reality he falls asleep after a series of "Hunter, you don't need more water... go... to... bed)


He loves to hear what we have to say. He always giggles in this sweet bashful way. Who doesn't like to hear good things about themselves! I am so glad we bought this, I think it will help us bond with him, and help him feel more secure and loved.

No comments: