Saturday, August 14, 2010

BBQ Cowboy Beans with Biscuits


This meal was made with the same biscuits as before. This time however, I used the correct ingredients and they turned out much better. They were topped with honey the next morning and served with the leftover turkey bacon from the broccoli bacon ranch dish for breakfast the next morning.



BBQ Cowboy Beans with Biscuits


1.3 lb ground beef (we used 1 lb ground turkey)

2 garlic cloves, crushed

2 cups cooked black beans (we used one 15 oz can, drained)

2 cups cooked pinto beans (we used one 15 oz can kidney beans, drained)

1 cup BBQ sauce

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (for some reason Phillip did not add these. Which was irritating because I had peeled tomatoes left over from the bruchetta that will now go to waste)


DIRECTIONS:
Brown the Turkey with the garlic (it says drain, but if using Turkey that is not necessary)

Add everything else

Let simmer 5-10 mins


Wow. This was amazing (although was lacking veggies since there were no tomatoes, and I would've served with a salad, but I was tied up with a cranky baby)

This would be good on hamburger buns as a sloppy Joe type thing. Or on Hot dogs instead of chili.


Rating:

We all loved it ( I think, Hunter was in a bad mood because he got his "Tick Shots" that day)

No comments: