Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bruschetta



MMMMM MMMM. I had Bruschetta for the first time in Italy, so mine will probably not compare, but it sounded good. There's just something about basil in the summer.

Take 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (hmmm, don't know what they are, I have five regular tomatoes) ( WAY too many tomatoes, only need about 3 regular)
2 cloves garlic minced

5 or 6 basil leaves (I used more cause I love love basil)

1 Tbls Olive Oil

Par broil tomatoes ( I guess this is putting them in boiling water that has been removed from burner for about a min)

Remove skins, quarter them, remove seeds and juice and stems. Chop up finely ( this whole step is WAY harder then I imagined. I ended up peeling, removing juice and stems and seeds, and food processing them. Mushier, but easier)

Mix everything together and serve.


There is much more to this when you are serving on a baguette, but I am putting it on my homemade tortilla chips.

Rating: Not so great on chips (probably cause of spices)

So we cut up our baguette, put olive oil on one side, toasted olive oil side down, then ate with tomato mix olive oil side up. Yummy!



No comments: